Flashing lights have been shown to slow down drivers in reduced-speed zones near playgrounds and schools, but this can be challenging: these zones can cover large, irregular areas, involving several streets, and often need scheduling for the specific hours reduced speeds are in effect. JSF Tech’s SZ Series is specifically designed to meet these challenges. Solar power and wireless communication allow flashing beacons to be installed without trenching, and each unit can be up to 0.5 miles (800 m) apart, with line of sight. And online or direct programming makes scheduling easier than ever.
- Solar powered: Each unit is completely self-contained and needs no external power, eliminating electrical bills.
- Cellular connection: The SZ Series is designed to be controlled over a GPRS cell phone network, with activation schedules created with our downloadable windows application for the Beacon Scheduler. Coming soon: a web-based app.
- Direct connection: In areas without cell service, scheduling can also be done through a direct upload from a laptop via USB.
- Simple installation: Pre-assembled parts, quick-connect wiring, no trenching, no power grid connection, can be installed in minutes to minimize traffic disruption.
- High Quality: Designed, built and manufactured in Canada.
- Adaptable: Mounting available to fit all pole sizes and types, and side and overhead mounting.
- Durable: Powder-coated single aluminum enclosure, the cabinet-free design deters vandalism and enhances the streetscape.
- Reliable: Energy management system ensures operation under all environmental conditions.
- Flexible: Adjustable flash pattern and activation duration to accommodate varying traffic conditions.
- Customizable: Modular design allows easy customization, plus our in-house design and engineering team can create solutions for your unique application or functional requirement.