Improving traffic safety in School Zones has unique challenges: you may need to cover a large area, and to vary the activation pattern for time of day and for school days during the year. JSF Tech’s SZ Series for School Zones is specifically designed to meet these challenges, allowing you to alert drivers to speed reductions for certain hours of the day, incorporate school zone crosswalks, and program multiple school year calendars in advance, online. You can also make instant changes to the calendar, as needed, through the online system. And because beacons are connected wirelessly (up to 0.5 miles (800 m) apart, with line of sight), the system can fit school zones of all shapes and sizes.
- Solar powered: Each unit is completely self-contained and needs no external power, eliminating electrical bills.
- Cellular connection: The SZ Series is designed to be controlled over a GPRS cell phone network, with activation schedules created with our downloadable windows application for the Beacon Scheduler. Coming soon: a web-based app.
- Direct connection: In areas without cell service, scheduling can also be done through a direct upload from a laptop via USB.
- Simple installation: Pre-assembled parts, quick-connect wiring, no trenching, no power grid connection, can be installed in minutes to minimize traffic disruption.
- High Quality: Designed, built and manufactured in Canada.
- Adaptable: Mounting available to fit all pole sizes and types, and side and overhead mounting.
- Durable: Powder-coated single aluminum enclosure, the cabinet-free design deters vandalism and enhances the streetscape.
- Reliable: Energy management system ensures operation under all environmental conditions.
- Flexible: Adjustable flash pattern and activation duration to accommodate varying traffic conditions.
- Customizable: Modular design allows easy customization, plus our in-house design and engineering team can create solutions for your unique application or functional requirement.
About SZ Series Beacons
Beacons can be installed anywhere with cellular reception* or in places without, via direct connection. A preset flash schedule can be created using the web-based JSF Tech Beacon App and sent to the beacons wirelessly online, or with a laptop and USB with our offline scheduler. Beacons can also be activated using a cellular-enabled mobile device. The programming can store multiple years and varying schedules, and diagnostic information can be accessed from cellular Primary Beacons.
Each Programmable Beacon set consists of two beacon types: Primary and Secondary. The Primaries store the programmed flash schedule and, if cellular-enabled, contain modems. The Secondaries receive daily on/off signals from the Primaries. Any number of Secondary beacons can be linked to a Primary beacon within range. When a Primary receives an activation command, it relays this command to all Secondary beacons within range in the series.
*JSF Technologies is not responsible for interruptions or lack of communication quality with cellular carriers, nor are we responsible for termination of carrier services in a given area.