Seasonal Road Conditions
Changes in the weather can create hazardous road conditions without warning. When you need to respond immediately to such changes, or need to schedule regular seasonal or daily road condition warnings, the JSF Tech Remote Scheduling system will allow you to alert drivers to these events. The JSF Tech Remote Scheduling system runs on a preset schedule. It is ideal for beacons that shouldn't be on all the time, and only need to be on at certain times of the day or during special events. This system can also be a solution for beacons that need to run unexpectedly by request, not on a schedule at all.
- Solar powered: Each unit is completely self-contained and needs no external power, eliminating electrical bills.
- Cellular connection: The SZ Series is designed to be controlled over a GPRS cell phone network, with activation schedules created with our downloadable windows application for the Beacon Scheduler. Coming soon: a web-based app.
- Direct connection: In areas without cell service, scheduling can also be done through a direct upload from a laptop via USB.
- Simple installation: Pre-assembled parts, quick-connect wiring, no trenching, no power grid connection, can be installed in minutes to minimize traffic disruption.
- High Quality: Designed, built and manufactured in Canada.
- Adaptable: Mounting available to fit all pole sizes and types, and side and overhead mounting.
- Durable: Powder-coated single aluminum enclosure, the cabinet-free design deters vandalism and enhances the streetscape.
- Reliable: Energy management system ensures operation under all environmental conditions.
- Flexible: Adjustable flash pattern and activation duration to accommodate varying traffic conditions.
- Customizable: Modular design allows easy customization, plus our in-house design and engineering team can create solutions for your unique application or functional requirement.
- Radio controlled: All Secondary beacons in a pedestrian crossing system are activated by wireless radio-frequency communication from the Primary beacon.
(all models are available as primary or secondary beacons)
Each SZ is made up of two beacon types. The “Primary Beacon” contains a cell phone modem and stores the annual flash schedule. The “Secondary beacons” receive daily on/off signals from the primary beacon. Any number of secondary beacons can be associated to a primary beacon. When a primary beacon receives an instant activation command or encounters a scheduled activation period, the primary beacon relays the activation command to all secondary beacons.